Explore the world of astronomy at San Juan College’s 天文馆!
An array of shows are offered for students and community members to enjoy throughout the year, along with videos on the dome using SJC’s new digital star projector. The 天文馆 is home to a 24′ dome with a seating capacity of 60. A visit to the 天文馆 is a learning experience in the science of astronomy.
There is no admission charge for planetarium presentations.
Types of Showings
- School shows are offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from September through May
- Summer short classes can be made available for children through the 社区 Learning Center
- After-school group shows are offered Tuesday afternoons
- Daytime filtered telescopic sungazes are offered once per month on Friday mornings
- Presentation time slots are offered as outreach to schools on some Friday mornings
- Public shows are once per month on Friday evenings
Please request your reservation 14 calendar days before the date of your visit.
Information needed includes:
- Show title or subject area you are studying (a specific show will be chosen based on the subject matter indicated.)
- Date and time desired (provide two choices)
- Name of school or group
- 邮件ing address
- Contact person
- Age or grade level of guests
- Total number of persons (including students, 老师, 领导人, 父母, and any guests of your group, even babes in arms)
Please give as much notice as possible, should you need to cancel or postpone a show. Contacts for groups are advised to schedule as far in advance as possible. All reservations are subject to open dates and times. The 天文馆 reserves the right to substitute shows in the event of a technical difficulty.
Small groups might be scheduled with other groups if the planetarium director chooses.
Contact the 天文馆 Director for Reservations.
The San Juan College 天文馆 welcomes interested guests to its show performances. A visit to the planetarium is designed as a learning experience in the science of astronomy. There is no admission charge for planetarium presentations. We do require your cooperation in planning your visits, and these guidelines will be helpful to you:
天文馆 seating is limited to 60 persons. If your group numbers less than 60, other guests may be allowed to attend your show until the planetarium is at capacity.
Arrival and Admittance to 天文馆
The 天文馆 requires any group making a reservation to present a confirmation slip sent by the planetarium to gain admittance into the presentation. Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled.
After a reservation is made, the person responsible for the group’s trip will receive a confirmation slip by mail or e-mail (if an address is provided). A printed copy needs to be presented before a group is admitted to the planetarium.
If you do not receive a confirmation slip in a reasonable about of time, please contact the planetarium director to confirm reservation.
During a Performance
To ensure the best experience for everyone, please share the following rules with everyone in your group.
- Normal daytime attire is acceptable.
- Eating, drinking, chewing gum, and smoking are not permitted in the planetarium.
- Students must be accompanied by adults who will be responsible for their group’s behavior.