(505) 566-3333 Public Safety Emergency Line
(505) 566-4444 24小时随叫随到
The 公共安全部 operates 24 hours a day, 一周7天, 为了留住学生, 员工, 确保社区成员在校园里的安全. Safety is our foremost concern and we are committed to making SJC a safer place for all of us. We ask that you help us keep our campus safe by reporting suspicious activities, staying alert and using common sense to protect yourself and others from becoming victims of crime.
When you go out, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Take the safest route to and from campus, not the fastest route.
- Travel in groups of two or more at night, and always walk in well-lit, heavily traveled areas. 如果没有人陪你走, please contact the Public Safety Department for an escort by calling (505) 566-4444 or 4444 from any campus phone.
- Stay on the part of the sidewalk that is farthest away from shrubs, dark doorways, and alleys.
- Share your class schedule only with those who need to know it (family, close friends, etc.)
- Never share your schedule with anyone you do not know.
- When you go out, let someone know where you are going and when you plan to be back.
- Wherever you are, stay alert to your surroundings and the actions of people around you.
- 跟随你的直觉. 如果感觉不对劲, 改变方向, go to a public building and call the Public Safety Department.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended, even for a few minutes.
- Avoid displaying large amounts of cash or other tempting targets such as jewelry or expensive equipment.
- Always lock your car and keep valuables out of sight. 上车前检查一下后座.
- Park in well-lit, well-traveled areas of the parking lot.
SJC SunsAlert |紧急通知
Instructions to Activate Your SJC SunsAlert Account
激活您的SJC SunsAlert帐户, you will need to download the Everbridge App in the App Store or Google Play. Once the app is downloaded follow these steps:
- Click on “Find an organization or subscription” button
- In the 搜索 box, either type in 老葡京手机app or 87402
- 点击“SJC SunsAlert”
- Once you sign in, you will want to click on “Manage My Profile”
- Include your preferred communication methods.
- Enter your cell phone number in the personal text msg field to ensure you receive text messages.
- 确认所有信息(电话号码) & 电子邮件)是正确的和最新的.
- 如果你在应用上需要帮助, please call John Myers at 505-566-4224 or Kenny Hibner at 505-566-3050.
在紧急情况下, 将发送SJC太阳警报消息, 根据具体情况, you will be instructed to do one of the following:
- Shelter in place (Campus doors are locked, and operations continue as normal. During this situation, no one other than law enforcement is allowed in or out of the campus.)
- 封锁(校园门锁上了. All operations cease, and you should take cover in your immediate area. No one other than law enforcement is allowed in or out of the campus.)
Following these recommendations will greatly decrease your chances of being the target of a crime, 如果你有任何问题, please contact the 公共安全部 at 505-566-4444.
SJC SunsAlert is 老葡京手机app’s Emergency Notification System that will provide you with real-time information about campus closures, 极端天气, and other emergencies through your 老葡京手机app email, 文本警报, 还有电话. Should an emergency occur prior to activating your SJC SunsAlert, you will only receive messages through your 老葡京手机app email. 接收电话和短信提醒, you must activate your SJC SunsAlert account and register your phone number.
The 年度保安报告 complies with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & 校园犯罪统计法. The report discloses crime statistics and summaries of SJC security policy. Information about specific crimes and emergencies is made public on an ongoing basis throughout the year through SJC SunsAlert.
Lost or missing items may be found at the 公共安全部 失物招领处. 如果你发现了不属于你的东西, 或者你错过了属于你的东西, either stop by the 公共安全部 office or call (505) 566-3263. 我们很乐意帮助你.
All sex offenders are required to register in the state of 新墨西哥 and provide notice of each institution of higher education in 新墨西哥 at which the person is employed, 有职业或者是学生. All sex offenders are required to deliver written notice of their status as a sex offender to the director of the 老葡京手机app 公共安全部 no later than ten (10) business days prior to their enrollment in, 就业与, 或者在学院做志愿者.
The 老葡京手机app 行为干预小组(BIT) has been created to provide caring, 预防, early intervention to individuals whose behaviors are disruptive or concerning.
Please submit a BIT report if you encounter an individual of concern whose behavior interferes with academic instruction and/or is perceived as a safety concern to students, 工作人员, 或财产.